Walking football has become increasingly popular. It’s exactly what it sounds like – a standard game of football where players walk instead of run.’
It is designed to help people get fit or maintain an active lifestyle no matter what their age and fitness, as well as support people getting back into football if they have given it up due to age or injury.
Older people who play have seen many benefits: lower heart rate and blood pressure, less fat and more muscle, and better mobility. And it’s not just health benefits – Walking football also offers many social benefits and opportunities to make new friends.
Participants can meet new people, avoid becoming isolated, and interact with individuals and small groups. This is one sporting activity that is suitable for all.
Walton Walking Football play at: Elmbridge Xcel Leisure Complex, Waterside Drive, Walton on Thames, Surrey KT12 2JG.
• Monday 9.00 – 10.00am 50+ Book via Xcel
• Monday 10.30 – 11.30am 50+ and 65+ sessions Book via Xcel
• Monday 8.00 – 9.00pm 50+ Book via Zapaygo, contact Mark Blythe
• Thursday 9.00 – 10.00am 50+ Book via Xcel
• Thursday 10.30 – 11.30am 50+ Book via Xcel
• Friday 9.00 – 10.00am Ladies only 40+ Book via Zapaygo, contact Mark Blythe
• Friday 11.00-12.00pm 50+ Book via www.fulhamfc.com website
Monday & Thursday morning sessions cost £3.50/£3 and this needs to be booked and paid the day before the session to Xcel.
Monday evening 8pm is prime time and costs £5.25. Prices are subject to change.
For more information visit the Xcel Walton Walking Football Club Website
Contact Mark Blythe
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.