Walking Netball has evolved from a growing demand for walking sports. Often, one of netball’s strengths is that people never forget playing the sport and the memories as well as the love for the game never leave.
Walking Netball is a slower version of the game; it is netball, but at a walking pace. The game has been designed so that anyone can play it regardless of age or fitness level.
From those who have dropped out of the sport they love due to serious injury, to those who believed they had hung up their netball trainers many years ago, it really is for everyone.
Women the length of the country have begun playing the game of Walking Netball for the fun, laughter and camaraderie the social session brings, as much as the health benefits on offer.
It can give those who feel isolated an outlet, provide an activity for those who don’t deem themselves fit enough to run anymore and offer a stepping stone for those looking for a pathway back into netball.
Sessions across Hertfordshire with Netball East
• Hemel Hempstead Leisure Centre , Park Road, Hemel Hempstead, HP1 1JS Monday, 11am -12noon, £3.70. a session
• Stanborough School, Lemsford Lane, Welwyn Garden City, AL8 6YR
Mondays 8.00-9.30pm, £5 a session
• Wodson Park, Ware SG12 0UQ Tuesdays 11am-12, £3 a session
• William Penn Leisure Centre WD38JN Tuesdays 12:30-1:45pm, £2 a session
• Royston Leisure Centre, Woodcock Rd, Royston SG8 7XT Thursdays 1:30-2:30pm £5 a session
• Berkhamsted Leisure Centre, Douglas Gardens, HP4 3QQ Thursdays 11am-12noon, £3.70 a session
• St Christopher School, Barrington Road, Letchworth Garden City, SG6 3JZ (indoors) Thursdays 7pm to 8pm, £4.00 a session
For more information Walking Netball sessions in Hertfordshire contact Sally. Please check before you travel as some sessions are outside, others run term time only etc.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.