Take on the ARUK Explorer hike and walk 26 miles across the spectacular Peak District this September.
Starting in Bakewell, you will follow the Monsal Trail using the former Midland Railway line (including the spectacular headstone tunnel) before dropping into Monsal Dale, one of the most famous and photographed locations in Derbyshire.
Walking along the river and through woods, you will next ascend through the stunning Deep Dale and across open fields before joining the Pennine Bridleway and the High Peak Trail, which follows one of the world’s first long distance rails lines, enjoying views of the White Peaks.
Finally dropping into the village of Carsington, you’ll join the beautiful lakeside footpath and along the edge of the reservoir at Carsington Water before crossing the finish line.
The event will follow government guidelines to ensure the delivery of a COVID safe event.
Join us and your fellow walkers for a hot meal and post-event celebration while you wear your medal with pride.
- An exclusive ARUK Explorer t-shirt.
- An ARUK Explorer medal.
- A bus to take you from finish line to the start line, so your car is waiting for you when you finish your challenge or you can arrange to be dropped off/use a local taxi.
- A finish line celebration with a hot meal and fizz at the end.
- Three check points along the route to help make your challenge as easy as possible.
- The very best support in the lead-up to event day and on the day from our expert fundraising team.
Parking, registration and the finish: Carsington Water Visitor Centre, DE6 1ST
Start line is at Bakewell County Showground (all participants will be taken by coach from Carsington Water Visitor Centre to the start line – timings will be communicated in final instructions nearer event day).
The route will be fully signposted with approximately three support locations along the route, which will include snacks, toilets, medical support and event staff. Lunch will be issued at one of the support locations. A hot meal and celebratory glass of Prosecco will be provider for each finisher.
Please note a minimum age of 17 on the date of the event.