Hockey is always looking for new ways to make the sport attractive and available to all sections of the community and Braintree Hockey Club have always been ready to try new formats of the game – Walking Hockey.
With the assistance from Active Braintree District Network we are running sessions at Braintree, aimed at people who for a variety of reasons cannot run around to play the game.
The profiles of the types of people who may be interested in this format include:
• Former players who have given up hockey due to age and /or injury.
• People who have never played the sport before but were looking for a gentle sport to help recover from illness or injury.
• People who have not played the sport for years who might be attracted to a new angle on a sport they like previously.
• Older people looking for a walking sport.
• People who want to improve fitness and reduce weight.
Even if you do not come into the category but want to have a go, you are welcome.
Equipment: Wear suitable clothes for light exercise, footwear must be trainers or astro’s, ideally shin pads and a hockey stick if you have one, if not we can provide a stick for the session. Bring a drink of water to help keep you hydrated.
For further information contact: Chris Card
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.