Walking Netball has evolved from a growing demand for walking sports. Often, one of netball’s strengths is that people never forget playing the sport and the memories as well as the love for the game never leave.
Walking Netball is a slower version of the game; it is netball, but at a walking pace. The game has been designed so that anyone can play it regardless of age or fitness level.
From those who have dropped out of the sport they love due to serious injury, to those who believed they had hung up their netball trainers many years ago, it really is for everyone.
Women the length of the country have begun playing the game of Walking Netball for the fun, laughter and camaraderie the social session brings, as much as the health benefits on offer.
It can give those who feel isolated an outlet, provide an activity for those who don’t deem themselves fit enough to run anymore and offer a stepping stone for those looking for a pathway back into netball.
Sessions across Bedfordshire with Netball East
• Vandyke Upper School, Leighton Buzzard – Monday 7pm till 8pm Cost £5.00 per session,
• Silsoe Leisure Centre Bedford (outside courts) Followed by tea and coffee – Wednesdays 10.30-11.30am, £3.50 per session.
• Bedford Athletic – Tuesday, 10-11am (inside), cost £4.00 per session.
• Inspire, Luton Sport Village (indoors), followed by tea and coffee – Friday 6-7 pm, £3.50 per session
• Bedford Bunyan Centre (indoors) – Monday, 10am-11am £4.00 per session and Thursday, 6.30-7.30pm £4.50 per session.
For more information Walking Netball sessions in Bedfordshire please contact: Nasem Khan
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.