Walking Rugby with Better Leisure and Sports Centres.
Walking Rugby is for anyone aged 50 and over. Sessions are adapted to cater for all backgrounds and experiences of Rugby. Veterans of the game are welcome as are newcomers.
Running is forbidden as is passing the ball higher than shoulder height. There are also no high tackles – or indeed any tackles – and, crucially, no scrums, rucks or mauls.
Instead players are allowed to hold onto the ball for no more than three seconds before passing, keeping the pace moving and giving the other team an opportunity to intercept. No running allowed.
The Walking Rugby sessions will be delivered by a coach from Better and will use the rules of Walking Rugby developed by Age UK.
Our sessions take place at the following venues across South Lakeland;
• Harraby Campus Sports, CA1 3PP
• Workington Leisure Centre, CA14 2DX
• The Sands Centre, CA1 1LZ
• Penrith Leisure Centre, CA11 8JH
• Ulverston Leisure Centre, LA12 9HT
• Whitehaven Sports Centre, CA28 7RJ
• Kendal Leisure Centre, LA9 7HX
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.